Group
    Rose Tyler
    In perenne viaggio tra Londra, Cardiff e Storybrooke

Status
    E' possibile pre ordinare la vostra copia del DVD:

DVD

CITAZIONE
    Missing Broadchurch already?

The DVD of the gripping crime drama that has kept every one guessing is released on May 20th and you can pre-order it already

Order your copy here

The DVD includes a picture gallery and behind the scenes footage.

Fonte

Scena extra subbata in italiano:

Confermato dalla ITV: Broadchurch avrà una seconda stagione:

CITAZIONE
    The ITV Press Centre have published an official press release to confirm that Broadchurch will return for a second series. As yet there is no announcement of which characters will return. The new series goes into production next year. Read the press release below:

Broadchurch recommissioned for a second series

Broadchurch will return for a second series, ITV confirmed tonight (Monday 22 April).

The successful series, produced by Kudos Film and Television and Imaginary Friends Productions, written and created by Chris Chibnall, starring a strong ensemble cast lead by David Tennant and Olivia Colman has gripped the nation with viewers intrigued by the circumstances surrounding the death of young Danny Latimer.

The new series will go into production next year. As with the first series, details of the story, and which characters will return, are currently being kept tightly under wraps.

Since launching on 4 March, the drama has never been far from everyday conversation, becoming compelling viewing as the audience have dissected and analysed the cleverly crafted scripts, which implicated many of the locals living in the small picturesque seaside Dorset community of Broadchurch, home to the Latimer family.

The first episode rating of 9.1 million (31% audience share) saw Broadchurch achieve the highest weekday launch of a new drama across all broadcasters since ITV’s Whitechapel in January 2009. More than 9 million viewers have watched the popular drama unfold. Only two other dramas on television launching during weekday have rated higher since 2002, both from ITV, Life Begins and Doc Martin.

The compelling series, produced by Kudos Film and Television, which also starred, Jodie Whittaker, Andrew Buchan, Vicky McClure, Arthur Darvill, David Bradley, Pauline Quirke, Jonathan Bailey, Carolyn Pickles and Will Mellor, had bookmakers running odds on who they thought was responsible for Danny’s death.

Commissioned for ITV by Acting Director of Drama Commissioning, Steve November, Broadchurch is executive produced by Chris Chibnall, and Kudos Film and Television’s Jane Featherstone. The series was produced by Richard Stokes and the lead director was James Strong. Euros Lyn also directed three episodes of the series.

“We’re delighted to be commissioning a second series of Broadchurch,” said ITV’s Director of Television, Peter Fincham. “From the moment the murder scene was discovered, viewers became gripped by the series, and we’ve been genuinely thrilled by the audience response. David and Olivia’s performances and Chris’s cleverly crafted scripts have created a truly compelling drama.”

Creator and writer Chris Chibnall said: "The whole Broadchurch team has been delighted and properly gobsmacked by the response from ITV viewers. When I first talked to Peter Fincham and Laura Mackie, ITV’s Director of Drama about Broadchurch, I mentioned that if people liked it, there was another very different story we could tell afterwards. I'm really thrilled we're going to tell that story too."

Executive producer, Jane Featherstone for Kudos Film and Television commented: “It’s such a privilege for Kudos to be able to work with Chris and ITV to bring the next chapter of Broadchurch to our screens. And although we’re giving nothing away right now, I can tell you it’s going to keep on delivering surprises and scale.”

Fonte

Recensione del finale:

CITAZIONE
    There was an impression earlier on Monday evening that the nation stopped and held its breath as TV audiences awaited the resolution of what has undoubtedly become the viewing phenomenon of the year.

It was a bold step by the makers of the drama to review the killer’s identity so early in the show. DI Hardy, hours before being medically retired due to the heart condition that has dogged him thoughout the investigation tracked the killer in measured slow-motion, past recognisable town landmarks, the church, the field, the Latimers’ house and, with that heartbeat soundtrack pounding away, towards that oh-so-familiar front door. It’s then we realise his suspicions. It’s why he gave Ellie that earnest commendation on the beach and why he had distracted her with the re-arrest of Nige. The trail led him through the Miller’s house and to the culprit himself who called him in and readily handed himself over to police custody.

Never mind that most of the population had already guessed that Joe Miller was the murderer. Never mind that the motive was that old TV murder mystery cliché, paedophilia, a theme that has raised its head more than once in previous weeks. What was important now was not the denouement itself but its impact, the ripples of shock that spread out through the community as word of the arrest spread. The remainder of the episode concentrated on the aftermath of the arrest. In one harrowing scene it falls to the usually flinty Hardy to break the news to his gentle colleague of her husband’s arrest and confession, in another heart-wrenching moment Ellie had to explain events to son Tom. Olivia Colman is supreme as she channels disbelief, revulsion, grief and rage in the space of a few seconds, while David Tennant conveys all that the taciturn Hardy is unable to vocalise through his facial expression and his eyes. The entire ensemble cast deserve recognition, but if either lead actor is absent from any awards lists following their performances in this drama it will be a travesty.

The community reels with the horror as the implications of Joe’s arrest hit home. This is someone at the heart of the community, their friend and neighbour, someone who visited their houses, minded their children and even offered support in the wake of Danny’s death. For Mark the horror is almost unbearable as he has to relive the grief of losing a son now coupled with the most awful betrayal. So many key moments of the past weeks now jump out – Joe’s pointed question about the investigation to Hardy over dinner, his teasing Ellie over him being a suspect. And for Ellie, her words to Susan Wright come back to haunt her: “How could you not know?” The population gathers to hear the news, but where there is incredulity and horror there is also a sense of relief. As the producers are so keen to assure us, there is closure

At the end there is hope. At a torchlight vigil held for Danny, beacons are lit down the coast in a gesture of solidarity, a sign that the community is being connected again and that Broadchurch is not an isolated bubble where this horrific event took place but a part of the nation that is in the thoughts of all. It has been a drama that has explored the effects on the town and its residents as much as the process of finding the killer and it is quite fitting that the motif of light coming out of the darkness should show that a line has been drawn and, while events can never be forgotten, the community can reshape itself around what has happened and try to move on.

Ironically, protagonists Hardy and Miller are perhaps the only two left without a clear direction at the conclusion. At the beginning they are perhaps the most self-assured individuals in the story. Ellie is rock-solid in her conviction that Broadchurch is, and always will be, her home, and she is much respected and much loved with the perfect family to support her. Hardy is single-minded in his professionalism and his focus on his work and on this case; he is a police detective first and foremost. Now Ellie Miller is considering leaving the town and having to start again from nothing somewhere else, while Alec Hardy has lost the role that has defined him. The series concludes with the pair adrift, unsure of what to do next as the rest of Broadchurch picks itself up and moves forward. Whether these issues will be addressed in the just-announced second series remains to be seen.

Fonte

Broadcurch sarà disponibile in download su iTunes:

CITAZIONE
    The entire series of iTunes is now available for UK customers to download from iTunes. Episodes can be purchased individually for £1.89 or the whole series of eight episodes is available for £12.99.

Description
    David Tennant and Olivia Colman star in this eight-part crime thriller set in the Dorset seaside resort of Broadchurch. When the body of an 11-year-old boy is found on the beach, DI Alec Hardy and DS Ellie Miller are assigned to investigate.

Broadchurch concluded last night on ITV

Download Broadchurch on iTunes here

The series will also be released on a three-disc DVD set on May 20th. Pre-order your copy here

Fonte

Twitter invaso da messaggio sul finale:

CITAZIONE
    Bloody twitter, as DI Hardy would no doubt put it, was flooded with comments about Broadchurch last night as the final gripping episode of the first series aired on ITV.

Over a quarter of a million tweets were sent as fans of the show, including celebrities such as actresses Eastenders' Jo Joyner and Downton Abbey's Amy Nuttall, all took to the social media networking site to vent their views on the whodunnit.

260,000 tweets sent between 8:30pm and 10:30pm were about the unfolding drama, starring David Tennant and Olivia Colman. The figures make it the most tweeted about drama since January 2012 when social media analysts Second Sync began collecting data.

At its peak, the show hit a rate of 8,493 tweets per minute (TPM) with an average during the two hour period (including 30 minutes either side of transmission) of over 2,500 TPM. Within that same slot, it accounted for a massive 65.9% percent of UK Twitter traffic.

Source: Radio Times

Fonte

Chris Chibnall parla della sua idea della seconda stagione:

CITAZIONE
    Broadchurch creator Chris Chibnall has always claimed during the drama’s eight week run that it was conceived as a standalone story. But as ITV confirm that a second series has been commissioned, it emerges that the writer had always hoped for a return to the sleepy West Country resort.

"When I first talked to Peter Fincham and Laura Mackie, ITV’s Director of Drama about Broadchurch, I mentioned that if people liked it, there was another very different story we could tell afterwards," he said. "I'm really thrilled we're going to tell that story too."

Speaking on ITV Daybreak this morning Chris said,"I have a plan. I'm keeping it to myself for a while, but we know what we're going to do. It's going to be a very different type of story and hopefully it will be just as compelling and bold and I'm really looking forward to doing it. It will take us a little while, but hopefully it will be something that lives up to the first one."

However he would not confirm any details of the new series, nor which characters would be returning, "We've kept our secrets so deliberately on the first one and it's worked well, so we'll keep the secrets for a bit longer on the second one."

ITV announced last night that a second series of Broadchurch would begin shooting in 2014. Peter Fincham, ITV's Director of Television said, “We’re delighted to be commissioning a second series of Broadchurch. From the moment the murder scene was discovered, viewers became gripped by the series, and we’ve been genuinely thrilled by the audience response. David and Olivia’s performances and Chris’s cleverly crafted scripts have created a truly compelling drama.”

Once again the drama will be produced for ITV by Kudos Film and Television. Executive producer, Jane Featherstone commented: “It’s such a privilege for Kudos to be able to work with Chris and ITV to bring the next chapter of Broadchurch to our screens. And although we’re giving nothing away right now, I can tell you it’s going to keep on delivering surprises and scale.”

Find out more about Broadchurch here

Fonte

Sempre Chirs ha parlato della serie:

CITAZIONE
    Broadchurch writer Chris Chibnall has spoken to the Daily Mail following the phenomenal finale of his drama last night:

Explaining the decision to reveal the killer early on he said: "'Broadchurch has a whodunnit aspect, but the point is that you should be able to watch this show more than once. Even when you know the ending you can go back and rewatch, as a drama.
    It's about community, it's about how we deal with tragedy and grief, it's about human strength and also about faith. There are no cheats: seeing it for a second time you'll be able to tell what were clues and what were red herrings or clues to other stories."

Yesterday ITV's press office claimed that they couldn't give sneak peaks to reviewers because even they did not have advance copies of the show.
    'We've had hundreds of requests over the last three weeks,' said one harassed publicist, 'and all the papers renewed their requests on Monday morning. We've said No to everyone.'

Chris Chibnall, on constant call for interviews as the 9pm broadcast neared, described it as "a bonkers day".

He attributed the show's success to a combination of factors – top actors, emotional storylines and an intense sense of Englishness.
    "Broadchurch is set in the Dorset landscape where I've lived for about ten years," he said last night. "I was brought up on Merseyside, but the town where I live now is particularly wonderful, with a interesting, varied community. In a way, Broadchurch is a love letter to the town and the county and the landscape."
    He denied that characters were based on people from his own community, but fans have been eagerly spotting locations where key scenes were shot. For £8, tourists in West Bay, Dorset, can take a walking tour that visits the beach where Danny's body was found, and the newsagent's where the real-life owner, Richard Attrill, has cleverly pasted up a tribute to fictional counterpart Jack Marshall
    For Chibnall, the success of a script he originally wrote 'on spec', without a commission from a production company, is more than he ever dared hope.
    "I feel it surpasses my original vision," he said, "because I have the most brilliant team. The director, the director of photography and an amazing cast all took what I imagined and made it far better. Broadchurch is a real team effort and everybody just played out of their skin – they delivered such brilliant work.
    David Tennant and Olivia Colman are two of the finest actors working in the world today. What's great is that they loved working with the rest of the ensemble. The cast had such strength in depth, it felt like we had a Champion's League team of actors."

Broadchurch will return to ITV for a second series.

Fonte

2.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Chris Chibnall ha parlato del successo inaspettato della serie:

CITAZIONE
    Broadchurch creator Chris Chibnall says it’s been bonkers since Broadchurch began on ITV back in March. He told the Telegraph:

“I really didn’t expect it to take off on this scale. My parents rang to tell me that people in their GP’s surgery were asking them who the Broadchurch killer was. I overheard people discussing it on the bus. It’s been bonkers – wonderfully bewildering and very humbling.”

He didn’t even mind that so many people guessed the killer correctly, “I was pleased…It was never meant to be a big twist. If you watched the series carefully enough, you were supposed to be able to guess. Little clues were there all along… Things were hidden in plain sight.”

He also said of the exciting news that Broadchurch will be returning in 2014, “During the very first meeting I had with Peter Fincham [ITV’s director of television], I pitched the idea for Broadchurch and added with great bravado that if people liked it, there was another story we could do afterwards. Of course, I never thought for a moment that would happen. It will be a very different type of story, rather than chasing ratings or repeating what we’ve already done. It will be bold and surprise people. We’re in the background research stage at the moment.”

Chris says it is too early to say if stars David Tennant and Colman will be returning.

Read the full Telegraph interview here - WARNING - the article reveals the identity of the killer

Fonte

3.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Broadchurch ha ricevuto le prime nomination:

CITAZIONE
    Within days of the series reaching its climax on our TV screen, the much acclaimed ITV crime drama series Broadchurch has received the first of what will undoubtedly be many awards nominations

The Festival de Télévision de Monte-Carlo takes place between the 9th-13th June and concludes with the presentation of the Golden Nymph Awards to the best TV programmes and actors from around the world

Broadchurch, created by Chris Chibnall for Kudos, has been nomimated for Best Miniseries while stars David Tennant and Olivia Colman have been named as outstanding Actor and Actress respectively.

Awards

Visit the Festival website here

Click here for a full list of nominees

The Golden Nymph Award Ceremony takes place at the close of the Festival de Télévision de Monte-Carlo, in the presence of H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco. The Ceremony is followed by a Gala Dinner taking place at the Salle des Etoiles at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club and attended by H.S.H. Prince Albert II, as well as a host of renowned VIPs.

Click here for more information about Broadchurch

Fonte

4.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Olivia Colman parla della seconda stagione:

CITAZIONE
    Fans of ITV's Broadchurch were thrilled when it was announced on Monday that there would be a second series of the drama.
    Lead actress Olivia Colman has been talking to the London Evening Standard about the news and even the possibility of a third series...
    “The pressure is pretty awful for the writer Chris Chibnall. But I think he has always had a second series in mind. I think in his head it’s a trilogy. But we will see how the second series goes. I know what the story will be but I’m not going to tell you.”
    Talking of the secrecy surrounding the series she said “We signed so many secret legal documents that I think we were all terrified of letting the secret out. I made a point of staying in so I couldn’t go out and tell anybody.”
    She also admitted that adopting a similar format to The Killing could be a risk.
    “But I thought that was a great idea,” she said. “You’re not assuming people can’t stick with a good story — you’re assuming everyone is bright. It’s nice to know we have an intelligent viewing public and are giving them what they want.
    “It’s great to have a proper gripping drama because people love to talk about it.”

Fonte

5.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Olivia Coleman al Sunday People ha dichiarato di essere disponibile per un suo ritorno in Broadchurch

CITAZIONE
    Olivia Colman is all in favour of a return to Broadchurch for DS Ellie Miller.

Talking in today's Sunday People she said:

“The writer Chris Chibnall phoned up all the cast recently to tell us about it. It does sound really, really exciting. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say whether everyone is back on board. Let’s put it this way I will definitely say yes if they ask me. I thought this series was so great maybe it was best to leave well alone but then Chris explained his idea and I knew it would be good.”

One of the things that concerned Olivia during the filming of the first series of Broadchurch was spending long periods away from her family. Series 1 was filmed in Bridport, Dorset and Bristol. However, it looks as though Chris Chibnall and the producers have taken this into consideration. Olivia said: “It was quite intense to film and most of us have families so there’s talk of doing the indoor scenes in London which would make a huge amount of difference.”

Earlier this week, Olivia talked to Digital Spy about the second series and told them, "I know lots about it - but I can't tell you!"

Broadchurch starring Olivia Colman and David Tennant is released on DVD on 20th May. Pre-order your copy here

Source: The Mirror

Fonte

6.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Broachurch debutterà sulla tv America entro l'anno, intanto su iTunes USA esce la colonna sonora:

CITAZIONE
    The six track EP featuring music from the ITV drama series Broadchurch by Icelandic composer and musician Ólafur Arnalds is now available for US customers to download via the US iTunes store. The EP costs $4.99, while individual tracks may be downloaded for $1.29 each

Click here for more details and to buy

The eight part crime drama series Broadchurch, starring David Tennant and Olivia Colman will be coming to US screens later this year via BBC America.

Thanks to xebgoc for the info

Fonte

L'attore Joe Sims ha parlato del debutto Americano della serie e della seconda stagione:

CITAZIONE
    Broadchurch actor Joe Sims has been chatting to Entertainmentwise following last week's series finale.
    In the interview he talks about his thoughts on Series 2 of the drama and how he thinks America will react when the show comes to BBC America later this year..

What would you like to see when Broadchurch returns?

"I don't know, what was really interesting about the ending of the first series was not everything was tied up in a bow. You really got to see the numbness of Olivia finding out something so abhorrent about someone she loved and the repercussions it had on the family, maybe they'll look into that even further.

"Because we've done irreparable damage to each other, like Andy and Hannah, their characters presented David Tennant with a list of friends who could've killed their son and when you go back and look at it like that the day after the perpetrator has been caught, there's a lot of soul searching to be done and a lot of emotions to be explored."

But what we really want to know is fan favourite Nige going to be coming back?

Like Nigel finds out at the end that his mum is actually his adopted mum and his father is a child molester and killed his biological sister and there's another sister who's still alive and I could imagine they might want to explore that if I was in it.

"I mean what a horrible thing to have to find out, will we see nige trying to seek out his biological family, i really don't know. There's a lot that my character has gone through to explore and if he [Chris Chibnall] wants me back I'll bite his hand off."

Before the second series, Broadchurch is heading across the pond, do you think it'll have the same kind of following as in the UK?

"I don't know if it can have the same kind of impact in the US, as the killer is out there now. But for me I think sometimes it's almost better the second or third time, looking for the signs.

"I hope that's how it'll be taken in the US I think the American public will really like it. we're looking forward to going out there and promoting it I think sometime in July and August.

"It'll be interesting to see how it goes down in the States because obviously the US has an amazing reputation for making quality drama and I think Broadchurch justifiably sits in that pantheon of greats, maybe in twenty years time people will still be looking back on it as a stand alone series because of the way it captured the imagination of the public."

Read the full interview with Joe here.

Fonte

7.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Olivia Coleman ha parlato nuovamente della seconda stagione:

CITAZIONE
    Broadchurch star Olivia Colman has been talking again about the second series of the hit ITV drama which goes into production next year. She told the Mirror:
    “It won’t be the same format again. It sounds really, really exciting and I think it will be even better.”

She also dropped a very strong hint that she might be involved, telling them, “It would be a bit much to go in and ask them to up my fee. I’m just grateful for a job. I don’t want to shoot myself in my foot.”

However, in another interview published today, Olivia told the Guardian when asked about the new series, "I'm not allowed to tell you anything, so don't look at me. Don't look into my eyes."

So far there has been no formal announcement about any plot details of series 2 of Broadchurch other than it will be very different. Nor has there been any word on which members of the cast, which also included David Tennant, Arthur Darvill, Andrew Buchan and Jodie Whittaker, might return.

Read Olivia's interview with the Mirror here

Read Olivia's interview with the Guardian here

Read more about Broadchurch here

Fonte

Broadchurch debutterà presto anche in Australia:

CITAZIONE
    Broadchurch will be coming to Australian TV in the very near future.

Unfortunately the information that is available is quite vague at the moment There is no word on which broadcaster will be carrying the drama or when it will be shown. The only thing that is certain is that it won't be on UKTV. In response to a fan enquiry the channel replied:

@UKTVaustralia: 'Broadchurch' has been acquired by another broadcaster in Australia.

Broadchurch is an eight-part crime drama created by Doctor Who and Torchwood writer Chris Chibnall that explores the consequences of the murder of a child in a close-knit seaside community. With an all-sar ensemble cast that included David Tennant, Olivia Colman, Arthur Darvill, Andrew Buchan and Jodie Whittaker, the series had millions of UK viewers trying to guess the identity of the killer when it was shown on ITV this spring. Broadchurch is being tipped for multiple awards nominations and a second series was recently confirmed.

Find out more about Broadchurch here

We'll post more information about the Australian dates for Broadchurch when we get it

Thanks to eidesg for the information

Fonte

8.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    David parla della sua co-protagonista Olivia Coleman:

CITAZIONE
    David Tennant has told how his Broadchurch co-star Olivia Colman was moved to real tears during the filming of the emotional crime drama last year. Speaking to the Radio Times (previewed in The Times) for a feature on BAFTA nominee Olivia he said:

"Before Broadchurch I'd only worked with Olivia once, on a bone-dry read-through of a brittle sitcom that got binned by bored executives. I'd seen her work for years and she gave the impression of being really sound and straightforward and unpretentious. So when I met her and found she really was those things, it was a massive relief"

He also said that Olivia, “has this ability to be joking between takes and then, when the cameras roll, to be instantly in the heart of the darkness — which is irritatingly perfect from someone as alarmingly down to earth. The one thing she hated about filming Broadchurch was how she found each situation so appalling that she’d genuinely be in floods of tears during scenes. She kept trying to stop, saying, ‘I shouldn't be crying, I'm a police officer’. But it came to represent the part so well."

"We have a similar outlook on life and work, " he added, "Although she's a devil, always trying to get us to go out and get drunk while I'm always keen to get home early and make a cup of tea, so we counteract each other's excess."

On Olivia's double BAFTA nomination (for Accused and Twenty Twelve) David said, "I hope she wins both awards, unless there's a friend of mine I haven't noticed on either list, in which case I'll be appalled - and that's my official statement."

The original article features in the Radio Times which is on sale from today

Times subscribers can read a version of the article here

Broadchurch is released on DVD on Monday 20th May: pre-order your copy here

Fonte

9.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Olivia parla ancora dell'atmosfera che c'era sul set:

CITAZIONE
    Olivia Colman has told the Mirror that the cast stayed alcohol free after learning the identity of the Broadchurch killer to avoid revealing the drama’s big secret.

Olivia said of the cast, which also included David Tennant and Arthur Darvill, “We all stayed on the soft drinks at parties as nobody dared to cough up that information. You would have let down the team if it had come out. It was nice to remind ourselves that as a nation we are fairly intelligent viewers and we like intrigue.”

In another interview for What’s On TV, co-star Jonathan Bailey, who played reporter Olly Stevens agreed, "I found it really hard to keep the secret. And it brought about mild social anxiety, especially when it was on TV. Because if you've had a little drink after a night out, that's when the friends start trying to throw it into conversation.”

The Mirror also give speculative plot details of the second series of Broadchurch. They claim that series creator Chris Chibnall has said that the new story will be murder free and the focus will be on how the shattered community rebuilds itself after the event’s surrounding Danny Latimer’s death. Olivia Colman says of the sequel,
    "“I thought maybe we should leave it alone,” said Olivia. “But then I thought Chris’s idea sounded really good.”

Broadchurch is released on region 2 DVD on Monday 20th May: pre-order your copy here

Source: The Mirror

Fonte

10.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    L'attrice Lara Pulver ha dichiarato il suo apprezzamento per David, Olivia e Broadchurch

CITAZIONE
    Sherlock starlett Lara Pulver has chosen David Tennant and Olivia Colman's perfomances in Broadchurch as her favourite TV pairing in an interview with The Observer.
    Read the full interview here.

Fonte

11.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Olivia Coleman stasera sarà ospite al The Graham Norton Show dove parlerà del suo personaggio e di Broadchurch

Olivia

CITAZIONE
    Double BAFTA nominee and star of Broadchurch Olivia Colman will be one of the guests on The Graham Norton Show on BBC One tonight. She will be joined on the couch by Hugh Laurie and Sir Alan Sugar.

Asked about the plans for the second series of the hit ITV drama, Olivia reveals that the cast were dubious at first.

"I know a lot of us in it, when the producer said they were thinking about number two, thought, ‘It was great, leave well alone,’But then they talked us through the idea and we all said, “Oh, that’s very good","she said, before adding, "But I can't say anything."

Olivia also had her own theory on who the killer was: "Just before episode eight’s scripts came out I was hoping it was me." she jokes.

Olivia Colman has received BAFTA nominations in two categories for her performances in BBC drama series Accused and the spoof fly-on-the-wall documentary Twenty Twelve which was narrated by her Broadchurch co-star David Tennant.

See what else Olivia has to say on The Graham Norton Show tonight at 10.35pm on BBC One

The BAFTA winners will be revealed on BBC One at 8pm on Sunday 12th May. At the same time on ITV Olivia Colman stars with Paddy Considine in The Suspicions Of Mr. Whicher.

Fonte

12.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Chris Chibnall ha parlato della prossima uscita DVD della serie:

CITAZIONE
    With the eagerly anticipated release on DVD of Broadchurch just a week away, the creator of the acclaimed series has given a hint about the content of the extra features accompanying the eight episode drama.

Series writer and executive producer Chris Chibnall tweeted earlier today:
    "DVD release a week today, includes lovely behind-the-scenes documentary with footage of first readthrough & many nervous faces."

Broadchurch stars David Tennant and Olivia Colman as two police detectives trying to solve the murder of an eleven year old boy in a sleepy Dorset coastal town. The emotional drama unfolds following the effects of the tragedy on the immediate family and on the wider community as Broadchurch is forced under intense scrutiny to give up its secrets.

The three disc DVD set is released on Monday 20th May: pre-order your copy here

Fonte

13.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Sul red carpet dei BAFTA Olivia si èp divertita a impersonare David:

CITAZIONE
    Olivia Colman was interviewed by Boyd Hilton and Lucie Cave of Heat Magazine on British Academy television Awards red carpet on Sunday evening and revealed her latest talent – impersonating her Broadchurch co-star David Tennant

She first pondered whether Broadchurch itself would be in line for a BAFTA next year

“Well, at least the writer,” she said. “I hope Chris Chibnall gets it because he’s done a beautiful thing”

She also admitted to being amazed at the massive phenomenon that the ITV crime drama became: “It’s great and it deserves everyone to love it but is was quite surprising”

She also revealed that she would try to drag David out for a drink after a long day on set.

“Poor David!” she laughed, “He just wanted to go home for a nice cup of tea and I’d go ‘Oh, come and have a drink! Have a gin!’ But he was very good ‘No, no, I’ve got a lot to learn tonight’.”

Watch the Heat interview with Olivia here:

Read the full account of the red carpet interview on Heatworld

Broadchurch starring David Tennant, Olivia Colman, Arthur Darvill, Andrew Buchan and Jodie Whittaker, will be released as a three-disc DVD set on Monday 20th May. In addition to the eight part series, the DVD includes a photogallery, cast biographies and a Making Of documentary. Pre-order your copy here

Fonte

David sarà presente al Festival di Montecarlo che si terrà dal 9 al 13 giugno:

CITAZIONE
    French site Allocine reports that David Tennant will be attending The Festival de Télévision de Monte-Carlo which takes place between the 9th-13th June and concludes with the presentation of the Golden Nymph Awards to the best TV programmes and actors from around the world. Other members of the Broadchurch team will also be present, including his co-star Olivia Colman

Broadchurch, created by Chris Chibnall for Kudos, has been nomimated for Best Miniseries while stars David Tennant and Olivia Colman have been named as outstanding Actor and Actress respectively.

Visit the Festival website here

Click here for a full list of nominees

The Golden Nymph Award Ceremony takes place at the close of the Festival de Télévision de Monte-Carlo, in the presence of H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco. The Ceremony is followed by a Gala Dinner taking place at the Salle des Etoiles at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club and attended by H.S.H. Prince Albert II, as well as a host of renowned VIPs.

Click here for more information about Broadchurch

Fonte

14.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Rilasciata una clip del Making Of..

Rilasciate immagini del dietro le quinte:

CITAZIONE
    Early in 2011, inspired by a conversation that he’d had with director James Strong towards the end of the United shoot, writer and Chris Chibnall started to write the first script for a drama that would turn out to be a TV phenomena that gripped the nation. Jump forward about 15 months and Chibnall’s project is about to come to fruition, as the cast and crew of Broadchurch meet at Bloomsbury Baptist Church one rainy day in August for the very first read through. And here we join them at the start of the 26 minute behind-the-scenes documentary that accompanies the eight-part series on its DVD release.

It’s a nervous and exciting time for the entire cast, many of whom are meeting for the first time. “Our first day of school,” says Vicky McClure, while Olivia Colman describes the experience as terrifying - “I don’t like read throughs. I find them very scary” – an emotion shared by Arthur Darvill, but Andrew Buchan just wants to get stuck in. A rain-dampened David Tennant reveals how much he knows about the storyline: “Not a clue at the moment. It’s all to be discovered”

It’s interesting to see the familiar faces that would come to dominate our TV screens and capture our imaginations in such a position of nervousness and curiosity, but what is very clear is that even at that stage many of them were very sure that they were taking part in something very special. It’s also fun to spot in the background the actors who would become so important to us over the eight weeks that the series aired: Joe Sims (Nige Carter), Matthew Gravelle (Joe Miller) and Carolyn Pickles (Maggie Radcliffe) all drift through in the background during the read through and the on-set footage.

We’re treated to interviews and comments from cast and crew aplenty. Andrew Buchan gives his ‘honest’ opinion of his fellow cast members, Vicky McClure and Jonathan Bailey muse on the possibility that Karen might be the killer, Jodie Whittaker explains the importance of staying entertained between takes and David Tennant and Olivia Colman are like a double act, bouncing character descriptions and accusations of murder and camp performances off one another. The actors express their joy of filming in Dorset, even in the torrential rain, and discuss how difficult it can be to convey credibly the levels of emotion experienced by their characters. Producer Richard Stokes illustrates the wisdom of having a plan B – and more – when an exterior scene is rained off and they have to come up with an alternative solution quite quickly.

At the time of filming the documentary, the cast still had no idea who the killer was and how the remainder of the drama was going to unfold. However, they were as captivated during production as viewers were while watching and anticipated even then that audiences would be hooked. Pauline Quirke makes an uncannily accurate prediction:” It’s certainly going to be a drama that you wouldn't want to miss many episodes…once you start with it you've got to stick with it because it’s so intriguing,” she says, “It’s going to be really good telly”

There’s no arguing with that.

Broadchurch is released on DVD on Monday 20th May. Order your copy here

Find out more about Broadchurch here - includes photos, clips and episode reviews

View more screencaps from the feature here:

PDVD_1630

PDVD_1640

PDVD_1645

Altre Qui

Chris Chibnall ha parlato dell'uscita del DVD:

CITAZIONE
    Broadchurch creator Chris Chibnall has just tweeted to say that to celebrate the release of the hugely popular and much acclaimed crime drama series on DVD on Monday, he and producer Richard Stokes will be attempting a Q&A session on Twitter. They will also be giving away copies of the DVD to a few lucky fans. Chris says:

Chris Chibnall @ChrisChibnall

MT #Broadchurch DVD release Monday. Me & producer @RichardStokes7 will attempt a Twitter Q&A and give away a few DVDs. 5pm UK, Monday 20, here.

To take part, tweet your questions to Chris (@ChrisChibnall) and Richard (@RichardStokes7) from 5pm UK time on Monday 20th May.

Chris has also said that he will be talking to Phil Williams on BBC Radio 5 Live about the show some time between 11.30pm and midnight on Tuesday 21st May.

Broadchurch, starring David Tennant, Olivia Colman and Arthur Darvill, is released on DVD on Monday 20th May. Order your copy here

Fonte

15.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Chris parla della seconda stagione:

CITAZIONE
    Earlier this week Broadchurch creator Chris Chibnall chatted to Inside Media Track.
    He spoke a bit about Series 2 of the drama saying:

"More than anything I feel excited. I feel really excited. I feel it’s a privilege to be able to do more. There’s a story I want to tell, which I’ve wanted to tell right from the start. I would have been gutted if I was unable to tell that story, so I feel really excited and either way I’m just going to go about the second series the same way I went about the first and I’ll be working in the same way, working with the same people behind the scenes. So it’s very much a chance to keep that same process going. Our brief has never been to have ratings or to play for ratings, our brief as has always been to be as bold and creative and as authored as possible, and that belief remains the same. That’s what l’m gonna go with and I’m just gonna have some fun."

Read the full interview with Chris here.

Broadchurch is released on DVD on Monday pre-order it here.
    To find out more visit our Broadchurch website here.

Fonte

Intervista all'attore Joe Sims:

CITAZIONE
    We're not usually ones to wish the weekend away, but this Monday can't come fast enough as this week it brings the much anticipated DVD release of Broadchurch.

Ahead of the release we were lucky enough to be able to have a chat with actor Joe Sims, who played the crossbow-wielding, dog-threatening, pheasant-stealing plumber's mate Nige Carter. Joe kindly took some time out from his schedule to talk to us about his pride in the drama, his hopes for series 2, working with David Tennant and that infamous dog moment. Read what he had to say below:

Were you shocked when you found out who the killer was?

It was very difficult to know because we didn’t find out till right till the end and everybody had their thoughts and suspicions. But the way that it was written there was a certain amount of ambiguity, and that felt quite impressive to me. Ordinarily in these kind of things you’d find out in the last three minutes or so, so you got a chance to breathe and find out about the families and the implications it had for the community at large. That was the most pleasant surprise, I suppose

Who did you think the killer was?

I thought it was my best mate! I thought it was Mark Latimer. But that’s down to the writing as well, it really kept you guessing. We were fans of the show in exactly the same way that it tapped into the psyche of the British public, but it tapped into the psyche of each and every one of us as well. We spent so many times guessing and speculating as to who the killer might be, but you knew however it manifested itself you weren’t going to be let down and it’s a testament to the cast and crew that that certainly was met.

What was it like working with David Tennant?

He’s an absolute gent! I’m privileged to say that it wasn’t the first time I’d worked with him – we did Romeo And Juliet together. I only had a small part. When I went for the read through [for Broadchurch] he was the only person I’d met before and I was fully expecting him not to remember who I was because a man that works that much and that hard, he meets millions and millions of people. But he came over to me and he took the time to say “Hey Joe, how are you doing?” and he took me round and introduced me to everybody and just put me immediately at my ease because I’d probably lost about two stone in sweat prior to walking into a room with such acting heavyweights as that. So for him to be so considerate and so kind, that’s just testament to the man that he is.

We guess that Chris Chibnall hasn’t told you very much about series two, but what do you hope will happen to Nige?

Again, I don’t know how it will manifest itself or whether Nige will be involved. If I’m asked it will be my pleasure to do it, because it was an absolute dream from my personal perspective. I do feel Nige has gone through an incredible journey and there’s still so much to explore. Of course it’s Chris’s prerogative whether he decides to take Nige on another fantastic journey. Like, we found out that his father raped and murdered his biological sister, but he has another sister that’s still alive. And obviously there’s the story with Pauline. Does he try to force some kind of relationship or does he try to make sense of it all? Certainly I’m very curious about it myself, as a lot of questions have been turned up, and I think that Nigel would feel exactly the same. So if that is the route Chris chooses to take then I think it could be extraordinarily exciting to see what happens to Nigel and to explore that in greater depth. But there’s so many stories and so many ways that he could go. He can choose to invest more time in the characters of Broadchurch or he can go in a completely, wildly different direction. I think that the one thing we can guarantee is that we can put our faith in Chris Chibnall to write something incendiary, and whichever of that illustrious cast want to come back, or Chris invites back, then whether I’m sat on my carpet in my room watching series 2 or whether I’m going to be involved in it I’m sure as hell going to be a massive fan.

It's brilliant that you’re all really excited about series two and we’re all exactly the same

You’re sure to have gained a lot of fans from Broadchurch, and everyone is talking about Nige. What has the public reaction to you been like?

I think now that he’s been absolved of all of the heinous harm that he could potentially have done Nige is looked upon a little more fondly. I think that’s the case because of the enormous journey he’s endured over those eight episodes. It’s been incredible. People have stopped me in the streets just to say, ‘Well done’. I’ve actually just come from giving a seminar at the National Youth Theatre, and they were really receptive to Broadchurch and really complementary towards the cast and the crew. Though after episode five when it looked like Nige was going to kill that dog I was scared to leave my house.

There was a national sigh of relief when David opened that back door and there was Vince

For me too! The Twitterati were up in arms and I had so many threats of what people would like to do to me if I killed that dog, to the point where some people may have thought that it was a documentary about the West Country rather than we were actors doing a job and no animals were harmed! And you know, I’m sure, that Bailey is Pauline’s own dog so she was very protective of Vince and he was made a real fuss of.

You’re going to be promoting the series in the USA soon, are you part of that?

I will certainly if I’m asked, there’ll be a team of people going out there and doing press, and from my personal point of view I’d love to. It’s a project I feel very strongly about and it really captured a point in time for the British public and they responded so warmly to it. I’m sure that an American audience will be massive fans like we did and I’d like them to experience some fantastic work not only from myself but also from the ensemble cast. I just think it would be a fantastic thing for America, I think that America will really embrace it. America has an enormous history of fantastic drama, and I think Broadchurch deserves to sit among that pantheon of greats and be that highly regarded and justifiably so.

The fan reaction that we have had through the website’s Facebook page has been amazing and America really can’t wait!

Yes, it’s absolutely humbling, we were all sat there after a night’s work, sat in the bar discussing things … you know when you’re involved in a project of this magnitude that you’re on to something very special, but it’s the public’s prerogative to vote with their feet. If you make something that you think is really special but the public don’t agree then that’s just something that you just have to live with unfortunately. So we were really grateful that the public took it to their hearts. It was an experience where every Tuesday morning everyone is huddled round the water cooler at work discussing their thoughts and feelings about Broadchurch and which direction it’s going to go and whodunit. That was brilliant. We were able to watch it in advance if we wanted to, but certainly for my perspective and I think for most of the cast that I’ve spoken to we all watched it at 9 o’clock on ITV and watched it with the nation which was just a beautiful way of being involved.

I watched the last episode actually with my mum and dad. I had a few interviews I had to be at that day and the last one was in Bristol so I got to spend a bit of time with my parents and they were really, really big fans as well. My mum was actually in it, she played my adoptive mum. She doesn’t have any lines or anything like that but I got her the job because in the part when I’m questioned at the house by the detectives, and I said to the director you keep saying SA – Supporting Artiste – as Nige’s mum, so why don’t we just get my mum in. She looks like the lady in all the photos because it is her. And he was yeah, yeah, yeah, that’ll be absolutely amazing! And then when David Tennant and I were shooting the scene together, mum got to travel with David in the car. I thought her head was going to pop off her neck she was so excited to meet him! And he was absolutely lovely, told her that she didn’t look 56, so that made her day. I think that quote is going to live with her as long as she draws breath. He made my mum a very happy lady!

What can we expect to see you in next? Have you got anything lined up?

Yes, I’m doing a cartoon series we’re in the middle of recording called Chuggington. I play a character called Chuggineer Fletch. I think it’s coming out in August, the next series, and it’s so lovely. It’s the antithesis of Broadchurch in so many ways, which is kind of unrelentingly dark, so it’s lovely to talk about caring and sharing and looking after people and promoting a really healthy image for young people and I’m thrilled to be part of that because it’s a really, really fun show. Plus I’ve got a two year old nephew as well and he’s a massive fan so when he sees his uncle playing a train he’s just going to be over the moon!

What did you think about the betting companies having a book open on Broadchurch?

It’s testament to the fact that it captured the imagination of the public that they wanted to run a book on it but it seemed a little bit strange that they ran it. Of course there were certain people who knew who the perpetrator was, so you think, do I just try and remortgage my house and put it all the money on Joe Miller? But I think they thought of that and the production company told us we needed to exercise caution when it came to that. But we were such believers in the show we didn’t want to tell anybody else about who the perpetrator was because it just wasn’t worth it. And if you put any more than £50 on anyway, people would have smelt a rat. No, I steered clear of betting and steered clear of telling any of my friends and family. I think the proof is in the pudding, everybody enjoyed the show so much I’m quite glad I did that. So I hope they forgive me anyway, that mum and dad couldn’t buy a new conservatory because I didn’t tell them.

You get the impression that it was a really close and friendly company to work with on set and a great atmosphere. Is that what it was really like?

It was a dream come true to be doing something that you’ve worked so hard for. You have your salad days as a performer, so it was a culmination of everything you’ve ever wished and dreamed. It was way more exciting. I’ve made lifelong friends from the show. I was hugely respectful of their talents prior to picking up the role in Broadchurch but to be able to call upon people like David, Olivia, Pauline, Andy, Jodie and the rest was just lovely, and they’re as fantastic people as they are actors, which I don’t think you can afford anyone any higher accolade, because to me they’re amazing performers

We all miss Broadchurch hugely on TV and Monday nights just aren’t the same without it.

Well, there’s more good reason to buy the DVD, because I was watching it knowing exactly what had happened, but there’s the minutiae, the attention to detail, the fact that all the clues are there. When you’re rewatching and knowing who the perpetrator was, that doesn’t detract from the drama in any way, shape or form, which I think again is testament to fantastic writing, directing and acting. You watch it again and you pick it apart. It’s a bit like when you watch The Usual Suspects, which I’m sure is better and more edifying the second or third or fourth time round because you’re already distracted a little bit watching out for the bits you missed the first, second and time round. I want to urge everybody to buy the DVD because it’s something, in terms of televisual drama, that you can keep for posterity and every now and again dust off the bookshelf and have another little watch, and then you’re bound to find something that you didn’t see first time round.

Broadchurch is released on DVD on Monday 20th May - order your copy here

Broadchurch, created by Doctor Who and Torchwood writer Chris Chibnall, stars David Tennant and Olivia Colman as two police detectives who have to put their personal differences aside to investigate the murder of a schoolboy in a small seaside community. As the devastated town comes more and more under scrutiny the residents are forced to give up their secrets.

For more information about the series click here

Production is due to begin on Series 2 of Broadchurch early in 2014

Fonte

158 replies since 3/7/2012, 10:32   41193 views