News

« Older   Newer »

1. •°o.OMarzyO.o°•
        +1   -1

User deleted

John Simm @ BBC Radio 2

CITAZIONE
    Jonathan Ross and Andy Davies are joined by comedian Stewart Lee, actor John Simm plus there's live music from The Handsome Family.

Sabato 26 settembre John Simm sarà ospite nella trasmissione radiofonica di Johnatan Ross sulla BBC Radio 2 alle ore 10.00 am.
    Quì potete scaricare e ascoltare in nostro adorato John :lol:

Buon ascolto :lol:
    fonte

Edited by •°o.OMarzyO.o°• - 18/10/2009, 19:12

2. |Maddy|
        +1   -1

User deleted

bravo ciccio *_*

3. |Maddy|
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    John Simm: “It’s a hell of a way to go”
    September 26th, 2009
    Go to comments Leave a comment

john-simm-jonathan-ross-septemberJohn Simm appeared on the Jonathan Ross radio show this morning to promote the play Speaking in Tongues, which he is currently starring in at the Duke of York’s Theatre in London. But the interview wouldn’t have been complete without a mention of this year’s Doctor Who Christmas specials - David Tennant’s last - which will see the actor returning in the role of the Master.

“Ooh, he’s back all right!” Simm teased. “I can’t tell you [what happens] - the producers are sweating now listening to this! But it’s fantastic, it was such fun to do, and it’s brilliant to be asked to go back and play that character again, and Russell has written these amazing scripts, because obviously they’re David’s last hurrah as the Doctor.”

He added: “It’s a hell of a way to go though. It’s a great, great couple of episodes.”

He went on to reveal a few extra tidbits regarding the anticipated two-parter (”Ooh, it’s a two-parter all right!”), and as far as he’s aware, the first instalment will transmit on, as was already regarded, Christmas Day, and the second, The End of Time, will follow on January 1st 2010…

“It’s Christmas Day and, I think, New Year’s Day,” he said. “I’ve never been on Christmas Day before - I’m very excited! And it’s called The End of Time, so no pressure there then for the new Doctor!”

When asked by Ross if he had bumped into any other of the show’s stars during his time filming the story, Simm said: “[John Barrowman] was sniffing around on the set, but I didn’t get any scenes with him this time. I did last time. Last time I got to kill him about 13 times because he never dies does he?”

So, Captain Jack won’t meet the Master again, but it’s safe too say that the Tenth Doctor will come face to face with his arch-nemesis once more (it is his regeneration story, after all…), and Simm is full of nothing but praise for David Tennant, labelling him “officially the nicest man in the world”.

“He’s a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant Doctor,” he finished. “He’s just been wonderful.”

David Tennant’s last episodes will air at the end of the year, after The Waters of Mars in November.

fonte

4. |Maddy|
        +1   -1

User deleted

un altra intervista a John Simm, dove parla anche di David e di Doctor Who

CITAZIONE
    'Brilliant send-off' for Tennant, says Simm
    David Tennant to get 'brilliant send-off' from TardisDavid Tennant to get 'brilliant send-off' from Tardis

Doctor Who actor David Tennant will receive a "brilliant send-off" from the BBC1 show, according to co-star John Simm.

The Life on Mars actor will return for a two-part Christmas special edition of the sci-fi programme, reprising his role as the Time Lord's nemesis The Master.

"It's all done," Simm told Radio 1's Newsbeat after completing the episodes. "I've just spoken to David and he hasn't seen it either. We're doing some dubbing and we go in and do the voice-overs."

Simm added: "Hopefully we'll see a bit of it then. I'm looking forward to seeing it. It was a great script and we had such fun doing it.

"It'll be a brilliant send-off for Mr Tennant. Last time I did it it was such fun to do. It was wonderful to be asked back and to be in the very, very last one.

"To go head-to-head with him was a really honour. It was lovely to be asked. It was a great, great experience. We had such fun doing it. Hopefully it'll come across."

The 39-year-old, also known for his work in The Lakes, State of Play and Bafta-winning series Clocking Off and Sex Traffic, explained he joined the Doctor Who cast so his eight-year-old son Ryan could watch his father act.

"The things I usually do on TV or film are quite adult and he doesn't get to see it," Simm explained.

"He knew his dad was an actor but I never got the chance to prove it to him because he's not allowed to watch Life On Mars or Human Traffic or State Of Play. He wouldn't get it, thank God.

"It was a great opportunity to make my son proud."

fonte

5. •°o.OMarzyO.o°•
        +1   -1

User deleted

Quanto è bello e bravo il mio tesoro!!!

6. mersil
        +1   -1

User deleted

Concordo! Lo adoro!!!!

7. •°o.OMarzyO.o°•
        +1   -1

User deleted

Radio Interview - talkSPORT with John Simm - 16 Oct 2009.

CITAZIONE
    John Simm’s radio appearance on the Hawksbee & Jacobs show can now be heard at the talkSPORT website. Likewise, I’ve uploaded an audio file of the interview to the media section, so you can go there to download it. It’s a really fun interview, in which he gets to discuss Speaking in Tongues, Doctor Who, football and music, among other things. Enjoy!

Potete ascoltare l'intervista quì
    Buon ascolto :ten10:
    Fonte

8. •°o.OMarzyO.o°•
        +1   -1

User deleted

John Simm ancora sulla BBC Radio 2

CITAZIONE
    Steve Wright digs out the most fascinating Factoids and hears the latest pearls of wisdom from The Old Woman. He also talks to Dame Shirley Bassey and Life On Mars actor John Simm, and has your horoscope predictions with Russell Grant ... and the non stop Oldies too!

Lunedì 2 Novembre John Simm sarà ospite del programma radiofonico
    Steve Wright in the Afternoon
    Tramite il sito della BBC Radio 2 potrete ascoltare in diretta il programma.
    Podcast --> BBC iPlayer Per sentire John bisogna aspettare o andare al minuto... 2:25:16

Fonte

Edited by •°o.OMarzyO.o°• - 3/11/2009, 11:58

9.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Eleventh Doctor's Lovers

Status
    Anonymous
    John Simm: 'The Master is desperate'

CITAZIONE
    John Simm has said that The Master is desperate after his death and apparent resurrection in the upcoming Doctor Who two-parter 'The End Of Time'.

The actor told Radio Times that the character he first played in series three's 'Utopia' had been transformed into an "emo Master" for the new episodes.

Simm said: "This is a Master who's lived and died and now lives again - although he's seen healthier days. He's desperate, and desperate means dangerous."

Outgoing showrunner Russell T. Davies added: "It's personal for The Doctor. The Master is his enemy, his opposite, and yet so tantalisingly close to being his soul mate.

"There's something epic about their sheer existence - the last two survivors of an ancient race. It's a clash of the titans. Both of them, heading for death, and yet both determined to survive - at any cost!"

The final episodes of Davies's tenure as the programme's head will also see the farewell of David Tennant's Tenth Doctor, who will be regenerated into Matt Smith's eleventh incarnation of the Time Lord.

fonte

CITAZIONE
    John Simm describes his newest portrayal as "emo Master." He's sporting punk-white hair under a hoodie and looking lost, while flashing in and out of "skeleton mode." This is a Master "who's lived and died, and now lives again — although he's seen healthier days," explains Simm. "He's desperate, and desperate means dangerous." Both he and the Doctor want to survive, but they're both heading for death.

fonte

10. Rose_Tyler
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sembrerebbe che John Simm scriva personalmente sul suo forum... O.o

Comunque questo è il messaggio apparso ieri...

CITAZIONE
    Hello folks,
    How lovely to see this place still going strong! (not sure about the 80's layout though... spoze i'm just stuck in the 70's)

I just wanted to say thanks for all your continued support, 'Speaking in Tongues' is almost at an end, and as with 'Elling', the support i have received throughout the run has been wonderful.

I also want to share with you my excitement about a project that i will be doing next year. It will be officially announced later this month, so keep an eye out for when and where.....

But just between me and you.....It begins with 'H' and end's with 'amlet .

I'm incredibly excited about it and just wanted to share it with you guy's first!

Thanks again

John S. x

fonte

HAMLET!!! Sono arrivata tardi per l'Hamlet di David... non credo mi farò scappare l'Hamlet di John!
    :woot:

11. mersil
        +1   -1

User deleted

Ho letto anche io questo messaggio! Fantastico!
    Spero di riuscire ad andarlo a vedere....

12. |Maddy|
        +1   -1

User deleted

confermato! John sarà Hamlet!!

CITAZIONE
    You wait years for a Hamlet and then three come along, almost all at once.

David Tennant played the troubled Dane for the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford and London. Then Jude Law tackled the role as part of the Donmar Theatre's West End season, and went with the show to Broadway, where it soared.

Now John Simm will give his interpretation of the sweet prince at Sheffield's Crucible Theatre in the autumn.

Actually, Simm and Tennant are old friends and have been working together on Tennant's final Dr Who programmes.

Simm, best known for television dramas State Of Play and Life On Mars, regularly graces the stage. Indeed, he's in Speaking In Tongues at the Duke of York's, which ends its run tomorrow.

In Sheffield, he will work with regular theatre collaborator Paul Miller, who directed the actor in the plays Elling and Goldhawk Road. Miller's also one of three associate directors of the Crucible and was appointed by artistic chief Daniel Evans.

Evans, himself an award-winning actor, said that playing Hamlet does terrify actors. 'John had the right mix of being thrilled and at the same time a kind of look that said: "Oh my gosh, am I actually going to do this?" But he and Paul are both elated about doing it,' Evans told me.

'John's dead right for Hamlet. And he and Paul have talked about it for a little while, so they have some ideas. I think they have a particularly contemporary take on it.'

Meanwhile, Evans will direct a production of Ibsen's Enemy Of The People at the Crucible. Rehearsals for that start on January 4 with Antony Sher, John Shrapnel and Lucy Cohu leading a company that includes Susannah Fielding, Trystan Gravelle, Brodie Ross, Chook Sibtain, Philip Joseph, Roger Bingham, Chris Brailsford, Daniel Poyser, Alex Blake and Charles McClury.

The play begins performances on February 11, with an official first night on February 17.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...l#ixzz0ZNDzNpK2

fonte

13. Rose_Tyler
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dai che si torna a Londra!!!!! :D

14. |Maddy|
        +1   -1

User deleted

un articolo su John Simm, riguardo Hamlet:

CITAZIONE
    Actor John Simm has admitted he is daunted by the idea of taking on the role of Hamlet next year, but says it is not an opportunity he can turn down.

The Life on Mars star follows in the footsteps of David Tennant and Jude Law as the latest high profile actor to play the Danish prince.

"It's terrifying - it's probably the greatest role ever written for an actor," Simm told the BBC.

The play will open at the Sheffield Crucible in September 2010.

"I'm really excited about it. When you get asked and you're 40 years old it's probably wise to say 'yes'," Simm said.

"Because I'm probably not going to be asked again to play Hamlet, so this is the last chance saloon - I'm going to bite that hand off!"

Simm, who finished a West End run in Speaking in Tongues this month, can be seen on TV over Christmas playing The Master in Doctor Who.

'Totally different'

David Tennant as Hamlet
    Tennant's performance was lauded by critics

Former Doctor Who actor Christopher Eccleston played Hamlet in 2002 at the West Yorkshire Playhouse.

Tennant's version for the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) in 2008/9 was named the event of the year in the Whatsonstage.com Awards.

Jude Law has been playing Hamlet on Broadway following a successful run at London's Donmar Warehouse.

"I didn't really think about the fact that David and Jude had done it," said Simm. "I didn't see either of them [in Hamlet] because I was working, so that's probably a good thing. It'll be a totally different one for sure."

Simm said Tennant had texted him when his casting was announced two weeks ago.

"I said to David tips would be greatly received. I'm sure I'll be alright."

Simm added: "We're still in meetings talking about how we're going to do it, we've got a couple of ideas. Hopefully it's going to get cut, and we won't be doing the four-hour version."

adoro la parte in cui David gli manda un sms *_*

fonte

15. scarry
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Rose_Tyler @ 11/12/2009, 21:18)
    Dai che si torna a Londra!!!!! :D

Veramente è a Sheffield...
    da brava fan ho già controllato voli e treni :rolleyes:

25 replies since 24/9/2009, 10:05   564 views