John Barrowman

release datte 22/02/2010

« Older   Newer »

1. Rose_Tyler
        +1   -1

User deleted

John Barrowman - The new album

John Barrowman, Britain's most successful - and comfortably Britain's best - all-round entertainer releases his third solo album, the self-titled John Barrowman on February 22nd on Arista. John Barrowman is easily one of the most familiar faces on British television and the West End stage. Best known for playing Captain Jack Harkness in the BBC series’ Torchwood and Doctor Who, he has also been a judge on the award-winning BBC1 entertainment shows How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?, Any Dream Will Do and I’d Do Anything. More recently he has hosted his own primetime Saturday night TV extravaganza, Tonight's The Night and graced London’s West End as Zaza in the Olivier Award-winning La Cage Aux Folles.

John Barrowman is perhaps his most personal album to date – the album he has always wanted to make. As with 2007's Another Side and 2008's Music Music Music, it is a masterful, evocative and uplifting journey into perhaps the man's first love, musical theatre, comprising his favourite moments from Cats, Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys and Mack and Mabel to name a few. The album is filled with instantly familiar classics - Memory, The Winner Takes It All, My Eyes Adored You - to the less immediately familiar, such as So Close, a spine-tingling duet with Jodie Prenger lifted from the recent Disney movie Enchanted and chosen for his niece Clare. Also included is a beautiful version of You’ll Never Walk Alone from Carousel, a song which his mother sang to him as a child. Every track holds an emotional relevance for John. Recorded exclusively for the iTunes album, The Doctor and I, about Captain Jack’s relationship with Doctor Who, is an imaginative re-working of The Wizard And I from the musical Wicked.

John Barrowman is representative of a man at the height of his powers, someone who can fill a song with the same chutzpah and style that he can a role on the West End stage. Simply put, he has never sounded better. 2010 is already promising to be a remarkable year for John Barrowman with a number of major projects confirmed. Watch him go global!

Tracklisting:

When I Get My Name In Lights (from The Boy from Oz)
    One Night Only (from Dreamgirls)
    Copacabana (from Copacabana)
    I Won’t Send Roses (from Mack and Mabel)
    Memory (from Cats)
    The Kid Inside (from Is There Life After High School?)
    My Eyes Adored You (from Jersey Boys)
    Don't Cry Out Loud (from The Boy From Oz)
    So Close (from Enchanted) duet with Jodie Prenger
    Unusual Way (from Nine)
    You’ll Never Walk Alone (from Carousel)
    The Winner Takes It All (from Mamma Mia!)
    Oh What A Night (from Jersey Boys)

fonte

2. Rose_Tyler
        +1   -1

User deleted

La cover

3. *Carmilla*
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bellissima compertina!!! *_*

Tracklist molto interessante. Staremo a sentire.... ^^

4. |Maddy|
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    John Barrowman - the new Album, now available to pre-order from iTunes UK

The album download for the UK and Eire also includes the exclusive bonus track "The Doctor and I".

Recorded exclusively for the iTunes album, The Doctor and I, about Captain Jack’s relationship with Doctor Who, is an imaginative re-working of "The Wizard And I" from the musical "Wicked".

John explains:
    "I first sang this version of the song at a concert in Wales for, amongst others, David Tennant and Russell T. Davies," he says of his Doctor Who co-star and writer, "and they loved it. Which is why it's on this album. We've given it new lyrics to make the song relevant to Captain Jack and his relationship with the Doctor. It’s quirky, it's funny and it's really good. I'm terribly proud of it."

Stephen Schwartz says:
    “It's always fun for a songwriter to hear a talented singer take a song and do something different with it. I have been lucky enough to have the terrific John Barrowman do it with two of my songs, the enchanting new duet arrangement of "So Close" from Enchanted (with Jodie Prenger's fantastic voice blending perfectly with John's) and John's "wicked" re-imagining of The Wizard -- oops, I mean The Doctor and I. Thank you, John, for making this songwriter very happy."

fonte

5. Rose_Tyler
        +1   -1

User deleted

Lo ascolto, e lo riascolto e lo riascolto....
    E' splendido!
    Io amo i musical e Cats è uno dei miei preferiti... Quando arrivo a Memory mi si forma il magone.... Per non parlare di The Winner Takes All... da brividi!

6. Lady Slytherin
        +1   -1

User deleted

ohhh..*parte il delirio*
    me ama alla follia

7. Injemyhomeone
        +1   -1

User deleted

We begin to consider each one of these his options, and i suggested he begin his own company. 1st response was no, because knows which i also the Richmond internet marketing, as well as was not interested in that.

6 replies since 7/1/2010, 11:55   2260 views