Tributi a Elisabeth Sladen/Sarah Jane Smith

« Older   Newer »

1. |Maddy|
        +1   -1

User deleted

Apro questo topic per inserire articoli, tributi e video vari sulla scomparsa di Elisabeth Sladen.

se volete potete inserire anche il vostro personale saluto/tributo...

CITAZIONE
    “The universe has to move forward. Pain and loss, they define us as much as happiness or love. Whether it’s a world, or a relationship… Everything has its time. And everything ends.”

fonte

CITAZIONE
    Elisabeth Sladen

19th Apr 2011

It is with much sadness that we can announce Elisabeth Sladen, the much-loved actress best known for her role as Sarah Jane Smith in Doctor Who and CBBC's The Sarah Jane Adventures, passed away this morning. She was 63.

Lis first appeared as Sarah Jane in Doctor Who in 1973 alongside the Third Doctor Jon Pertwee and stayed for three and half seasons working alongside Jon and the Fourth Doctor Tom Baker. She returned to the role on numerous occasions over the years and, in 2007, was given her own spin-off series on CBBC - The Sarah Jane Adventures - where she would appear alongside new Doctors David Tennant and Matt Smith.

The Sarah Jane Adventures brought Lis a whole new generation of fans who grew up to love her alien-busting adventures. The series was hugely popular with fans young and old and won this year's RTS Award for best children's drama.

Controller of CBBC Damian Kavanagh said tonight: "I'm deeply saddened and shocked by the news of Lis' untimely death. Lis brought joy, excitement and a sense of wonder to her many fans in her role as Sarah Jane Smith. She was adored by our young audience and I know all of them will miss her as much as I will."

Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith, said: "What struck me about Lis was her grace. She welcomed me, educated me, and delighted me with her tales and adventures on Doctor Who. And she also seemed to have a quality of youth that not many people retain as they go through life. Her grace and kindness will stay with me because she had such qualities in abundance and shared them freely. I will miss her, as will the world of Doctor Who and all the Doctors that had the good pleasure to work with Lis Sladen and travel the universe with Sarah Jane."

The creator of The Sarah Jane Adventures Russell T Davies said: "I absolutely loved Lis. She was funny and cheeky and clever and just simply wonderful. The universe was lucky to have Sarah Jane Smith; the world was lucky to have Lis."

Steven Moffat, Doctor Who's Lead Writer and Executive Producer said: "'Never meet your heroes' wise people say. They weren't thinking of Lis Sladen.

"Sarah Jane Smith was everybody's hero when I was younger, and as brave and funny and brilliant as people only ever are in stories. But many years later, when I met the real Sarah Jane - Lis Sladen herself - she was exactly as any child ever have wanted her to be. Kind and gentle and clever; and a ferociously talented actress, of course, but in that perfectly English unassuming way.

"There are a blessed few who can carry a whole television show on their talent and charisma - but I can't think of one other who's done it quite so politely. I once showed my son Joshua an old episode of Doctor Who, in which Lis appeared. "But that's Sarah Jane," he said, confused "In old Doctor Who. From years ago. How come she always look exactly the same?" It's not a comfort today, of course, but children will still be saying that fifty years from now."

Keith Jones, Director, BBC Cymru Wales, said: "The Sarah Jane Adventures has been one of the most successful children's programmes on television in recent years - and without Elisabeth Sladen it would not have happened. A brilliant presence on screen and on set, she brought the excitement and energy of the Doctor Who family of programmes, of which we are very proud at BBC Wales, to a whole new generation. She will be missed by all at BBC Wales who worked with her."

Roger Carey, who represented Lis for many years, said. "She was not just a client, but a dear friend. She was so positive about life and her natural energy was intoxicating. She couldn't believe her luck when her career was resurrected in her own series."

Tenth Doctor, David Tennant, said: "I just can't believe that Lis is gone. She seemed invincible. The same woman who enchanted my childhood, enchanted my time on Doctor Who and enchanted generations who have watched her and fallen in love with her - just like I did. I feel very honoured to have shared a TARDIS with Sarah Jane Smith, and I feel very lucky to have shared some time with Lis Sladen. She was extraordinary."

Lis had been suffering from cancer. She leaves behind a husband, actor Brian Miller, and her daughter, Sadie.

fonte

2. Silvia_Fanny
        +1   -1

User deleted

È triste. Davvero triste.
    Fa strano pensare che lei non ci sia più, mentre il suo personaggio sembra invincibile.

Bello Maddy il banner che hai fatto. È molto dolce.

3. LittleAshes
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

Questa immagine mi ha spezzato il cuore...

Queste sono le parole di David dedicate a Liz:

CITAZIONE
    "I just can't believe that Lis is gone. She seemed invincible. The same woman who enchanted my childhood, enchanted my time on Doctor Who and enchanted generations who have watched her and fallen in love with her – just like I did. I feel very honoured to have shared a TARDIS with Sarah Jane Smith, and I feel very lucky to have shared some time with Lis Sladen. She was extraordinary."

Fonte: www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bul...lisabeth_Sladen

Anche Matt Smith ricorda Liz:

CITAZIONE
    Matt Smith has paid his own personal tribute to Doctor Who star Elisabeth Sladen, who passed away yesterday.

It was confirmed last night that the 63-year-old Sarah Jane Adventures star had died after battling cancer.

Smith, whose second series of Doctor Who is due to begin this Saturday, appeared alongside Sladen in the fourth run of the CBBC spinoff show.

"What struck me about Lis was her grace," Smith said. "She welcomed me, educated me, and delighted me with her tales and adventures on Doctor Who.

"And she also seemed to have a quality of youth that not many people retain as they go through life. Her grace and kindness will stay with me because she had such qualities in abundance and shared them freely."

He continued: "I will miss her, as will the world of Doctor Who and all the Doctors that had the good pleasure to work with Lis Sladen and travel the universe with Sarah Jane."

Smith joins showrunner Steven Moffat, Sarah Jane Adventures creator Russell T Davies and former co-stars including John Barrowman and Nicola Bryant in paying tribute to the much-loved actress.

Fonte: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-w...eth-sladen.html

Edited by LittleAshes - 20/4/2011, 15:49

4. kaorj
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE (LittleAshes @ 20/4/2011, 14:51) 
    Questa immagine mi ha spezzato il cuore...

Sigh... :cry:
    E' addirittura più triste di quella che avevo visto stamattina:

Il messaggio di cordoglio che mi ha più colpito, è stato quello di Tom Baker (nemmeno lui sapeva che fosse ammalata! :o: ):

www.tom-baker.co.uk/pages/content/index.asp?PageID=159

Noi spettatori la conoscevamo solo come grandiosa attrice ed eroina di universi, ma come dice appunto Davies doveva proprio essere soprattutto una persona meravigliosa...

CITAZIONE
    Sarah Jane dead? No, impossible! Impossible.
    Only last week I agreed to do six new audio adventures with her for Big Finish Productions.

She can't be dead. But she is: she died yesterday morning. Cancer. I had no idea she was ill; she was so private, never wanted any fuss, and now, gone. A terrible blow to her friends and a shattering blow for all those fans of the programme whose lives were touched every Saturday evening by her lovely heroic character, Sarah-Jane Smith.

Happy memories with Lis. Here we were having fun during a filming break.

Lis Sladen was very important to me, you know. When I joined the little world of Doctor Who, Lis was already a star. She had an enormous success with Jon Pertwee. She was good pals with the Brigadier, our beloved Nicholas Courtney; she knew all the regular directors. She was adored by Barry Letts, the producer who cast her in the role. She always said she was Barry's girl. It was for that reason she decided to leave the show. But it was not necessary at all. The fans adored her, Philip Hinchcliffe, our new and glamorous producer, adored her, so did David Maloney, her favourite director.

Terry Walsh, the regular stunt man adored her. Once in deep, dark Wooky Hole caves Lis was almost swept away in a small boat, fifty feet from a terrifying black hole that looked like the entrance to hell. In a flash Terry Walsh dived in and caught the boat and all was well, thanks to the devotion of Terry. Lis was safe and and the show could go on.

Here we are on Bessie right at the beginning of my time on Doctor Who.
    Picture courtesy of the BBC
    So when I replaced Jon Pertwee, it must have been an anxious time for Lis; it was a very anxious time for me. Following in the big footsteps of Jon was daunting. Tom Baker? Never heard of him. And so we started on the first story under Barry Letts as director. We did the location stuff first and I just obeyed orders; running about, with the Brigadier and that silly car Bessie Trotwood, I think it was called: too small for me, but also in its own way a "character". Jon loved cars.

But back in the rehearsal room things were quieter and there was time to put in little details, time for Lis and me to get acquainted, time for me to try and make a little mark, so to speak. And Lis laughed at my silly antics; yes, she did, she laughed me to success. We both came from Liverpool, that small detail helped. We both loved old movies. And quite suddenly Lis and Ian Marter and Tom Baker were a trio. It is so consoling when one is sad and bereft to remember the good times, the laughter, the glamour; yes, the glamour: we three switched on the lights at Blackpool! A very great honour. We performed a little melodrama directed by (guess who?) yes, David Maloney! And now Lis was adored by Ian Marter and Tom Baker too.

Switching on the Blackpool illuminations. Picture © Blackpool Council

And it never ceased. And in the evenings Lis, would simply disappear back to wherever we were staying and the rest of us would often be raucous! And too soon she decided to leave; no fuss at all, all was calm. And Philip Hinchcliffe gave her lovely farewell party at the Hilton. Those sweet memories of happy days with Lis Sladen, the lovely, witty, kind and so talented Lis Sladen. I am consoled by the memories. I was there, I knew her, she was good to me and I shall always be grateful, and I shall miss her.

5.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler
    In perenne viaggio tra Londra, Cardiff e Storybrooke

Status
    :( Questi disegni dicono tutto in poche parole....

6. LittleAshes
        +1   -1

User deleted

Bellissime parole di Tom Baker! :cipo2:

7. LittleAshes
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Doctor Who will pay tribute to Elisabeth Sladen when the show returns for a new series this Saturday.

The actress, loved for her portrayal of investigative journalist Sarah Jane Smith, passed away yesterday morning after battling cancer.

Asked if a tribute to Sladen will be featured on the upcoming episode, a spokesperson for Doctor Who told Digital Spy that the show's production team are "planning something suitable".

However, further information on what that might include is not yet available.

Matt Smith will kick off his second series as The Doctor in 'The Impossible Astronaut', which premieres in both the UK and US this weekend.

Fonte: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-w...en-tribute.html

Credo sia assolutamente doveroso.

8. Ms.45
        +1   -1

User deleted

Volevo solo lasciare un'immagine da uno dei miei episodi "old school" preferiti: "The Masque of Mandragora"... E' dell'epoca del quarto Dottore, ed è ambientato in Italia... E ovviamente la companion è Sarah Jane Smith.

Addio Lis.

Edited by Ms.45 - 21/4/2011, 23:21

9. |Maddy|
        +1   -1

User deleted

credo che tra i dottori in vita Tom Baker è stato quello che l'ha avuta come compagna per più tempo.....

ed erano così belli insieme....

mi son piaciute molto anche le parole di David e anche quelle di Matt...

10.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Stamattina David era ospite in una trasmissione su BBC One è naturalmente ha parlato di Lis:

Inoltre ho trovato anche questo tributo da parte di John Barrowman.

CITAZIONE
    "Elisabeth Sladen, is the matriarch of Doctor Who - I loved the time spent in the Tardis with her. I am so proud to have worked with such an icon of the world of science fiction. Your Doctor Who family is very sad, and I'll miss you with your beautiful smile. Russell T. Davies called me when I woke up to tell me the news. She lived in my apartment in Cardiff during the filming of The Sarah Jane Adventures. I can not express my sadness. " - John Barrowman.

11. imy_ant
        +1   -1

User deleted

Io non ho immagini da inserire o tributi video o disegni, né altro.
    Posso solo postare il mio dolore nel sapere che Lei non c'è più e il rammarico di non averla mai conosciuta di persona, perché da come tutti ne parlano, doveva essere una persona straordinaria al di là delle sue doti artistiche.
    Addio Eli! Addio Sarah Jane!
    Imy

12. Time Lady Tenny
        +1   -1

User deleted

uno dei tanti tributi a questa grandissima attrice

13.     +1   -1

The Doctor

Group
    Rose Tyler

Status
    Bello... :cry:

14. Grell no Neesan
        +1   -1

User deleted

Mi diispiace tantissimo..

15. »Shannon;
        +1   -1

User deleted

Tributo della CBBC a Elisabeth Sladen e al suo mitico personaggio ... davvero commovente, a mio parere ;___;

19 replies since 20/4/2011, 12:30   892 views